Position: Technical Superintendent; Permanent; Fulltime
As a technical superintendent your duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring technical operations of ships in a safe and cost effective manner which includes ongoing education and instruction of all crew.
- Ensure that all classification and statutory certificates are maintained up to date.
- Vessel's budget planning and control, procurement of store, parts etc.
- Closely monitoring ships performance and maintenance status.
- Scrutinizing all reports received from the vessels.
- Supervising rectification of vessel trouble (hull and machinery).
- Planning, coordinating and supervising; surveys, dry-dock, major repair and other inspections.
- Dealing with non-conformities covering technical procedures of the SMS both ashore and on board and reporting to DPA for closure of non-conformities.
- Investigating major machinery failures and any resulting insurance claims.
- Keep vessel updated about the latest technical reviews.
In order to qualify for this challenging position, you must meet the following minimum requirements.
- Work experience as Chief Engineer (or second engineer) for more than 3 years on Ocean Going Vessels.
- Work experience as Technical Superintendent managing vessels for a minimum of 2 years.
- Experience preparing ship budgets and maintenance plans.
- Experience preparing Dry Dock documentation, follow up, and negotiation.
- Experience with Classification Society. Previous work with Class NK will be a plus.
- Experience with two stroke main engines.
- Team player with a flexible, can do, 24/7 attitude.
- Fluent spoken and written English. Knowledge of Chinese language will be a plus.
- Ability to travel abroad on short notice, willingness to travel internationally frequently.
- Candidates to be eligible to live and work in the EU.
Misuga Kaiun Holland B.V.
Stationsplein 45 A5.194
No agency aquisition please