The Technical Assistant (TA) provides procurement- and administrative supports to the ship management department and reports to the Technical Manager.
The Technical Assistant works closely with the Superintendent(s) and as per their instructions carry out day-to-day work of the department connected with the vessels assigned to the TA.
During his absence or vacancy position, the Company will appoint a suitable person to conduct the duties of the position.
Responsibilities of the post is as follows:
- Processes service orders as per instructions from the SI.
- Handles the office mail to vessels, prepares for shipment by courier, includes an itemized dispatch slip containing full details of the content, sends the mail.
- Receives requisitions from vessels, sends out requests for quotations (RFQ) to suppliers, provides the SI with price offers and prepares the purchase orders after approval from the SI. Sends out the orders to the selected supplier and arranges delivery on board at the next convenient port or at the port as instructed by the SI.
- Ensures that ordered goods arrived on board by checking the signed delivery receipts from the vessel. Checks the supplier’s invoices for correct quantities and invoice amount, assigns cost codes as per budget cost enters.
- Keeps track of expected delivery times of goods and informs the SI when delays may jeopardize the supply dead line.
- Keeps up business relations with suppliers and explores new opportunities for supplies.
- Proposes new potential suppliers to the Procurement Officer (POF).
- Evaluate suppliers’ performance, evaluate quality and prices of supplied goods.
- Negotiate best terms and conditions with suppliers.
- Serves as backup during absence of other TA’s.
- Supports the Procurement Officer and Technical Manager with the selection of suppliers.
- Keep track of delivery times for spare parts.
- Collects SMS reports from the vessels, save these at designated folders, and checks the reports for completeness.
- Participates in department meetings.
A. Knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Comfortable interacting and developing effective work relations with the ship management department staff.
- IT competence (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Negotiation skills, persistent and result driven.
- Experience of tracking and dealing with enquiries and working to deadlines.
- Experience of planning, organizing and prioritizing workload.
B. Qualifications and experience
- Experience in a similar post is preferred.
- NEVI (minimum NEVI MIL) is preferred.
- Certificate in procurement and /or supply chain operations.
Misuga Kaiun Holland B.V.
Stationsplein 45 A5.194
3013 AK Rotterdam
No agency aquisition please